Monday 21 November 2011

Zucchini & Tomato Salad in Creamy Dressing


In another attempt to eat raw food despite the temperature seeming more like autumn than summer, this was yesterday's dinner (and today's lunch).  It reminds me of potato salad when the zucchini is prepared this way. You could probably omit the tomato, and it would be a bit more like potato salad, but I like the tomato in it. I got about 6 servings out of this.

Ingredients
5 medium zuchhini, peeled and chopped into chunks
5 large tomatoes chopped into wedges
1 small onion, sliced very thinly (I used a mandolin)
chopped parsley and chives

For the Dressing
2 Tablespoons tahini
1/2 avocado
1/4 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

After chopping the salad ingredients, make the dressing. I put all the ingredients into a container and blended it with my bar mixer. Then I just poured over and tossed through. It's my favourite dressing, sometimes I jazz it up with a bit of lime zest or juice, you can even add a bit of chili to it!



2 comments:

  1. Saving this for when our zucchinis are ready to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dressing sounds like it would be delicious mixed into just about any veggie-combo. Yum.

    ReplyDelete