Sunday 5 February 2012

Vegan Dumpling Fillings Part 1

Hello lovelies! This week I'm brainstorming dumpling fillings, and this will be at least a two part series, because I've been dreaming so many! These guys will give you an excuse to have a dump-fest, no longer will you sit among your omnivore friends, destined only to eat a vegetable dumpling! No, you will have an entire steamer smorgasbord full of taste bud tickling pleasures and be the envy of these omnis around you.  These will be oh so cute in either a mini steamer basket for one, or passed around a party in those cute Chinese spoons! I'll post all the recipes together at the end of the series, but for now, just salivate in anticipation...

Veg "Pork" Cabbage & Coriander

Veg "Chicken" Chilli & Mango



Curried Sweet Potato & Coconut

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is as inspiring as always. I totally relate to the garden post (and love the reference to Wallace and Grommet)! It's not gardening season here yet, but I'm already starting to fret about what to grow this year and what things will succumb to weather or bugs or disease. Sigh...

    Your photos of the dumplings are beautiful! My home is a mess, but you're inspiring me to try to pull it together and do something more than rice and steamed veggies this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trista!

    You must be looking forward to Spring! I hear your frustration, what to plant, how much, where to plant it...although I did read in one of the Aussie gardening mags of one gardener who just got all the leftover seed packets of the year before, and threw them all into a patch together to see what popped up... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea! That way, I wouldn't have my heart set on anything. I may try this!

    ---We didn't make anything fancy for dinner this week, but at least we avoided take-out the whole week. Still drooling over your photographs.

    ReplyDelete