Saturday 15 October 2011

Vegan MoFo: Heaven in a Glass


I know, I already posted today. But I really wanted to share this. What you are looking at folks, is heaven in a glass! Now my friend Kylie may disagree, as to her I'm pretty sure heaven in a glass would involve some pretty nice wine. But Kylie, this is better, and it still involves alcohol! I made a small hazelnut cake using the recipe for hazelnut cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, cut it into slices, and dunked it in Frangelico (which I am pleased to say, is totally vegan). I made some avocado chocolate mousse (just like the stuff I put in my raw chocolate tart) and put a can of coconut cream in the fridge. When the cream was super cold, I scooped out all the solid coconut from the top and whipped it with a bit of vanilla. I then layered up cake, mousse, and cream, and topped with raspberries. And since it was monks that concocted my favourite liqueur, surely it isn't a stretch to say that this is indeed a little bit of heaven? 

2 comments:

  1. Yummo!!! I love Frangelico, I love ALL cake, I love chocolate and I love raspberries... I'd say with some certainty that this dessert would be divine :). I have actually made several non-vegan versions in the past - I also love anything layered, particularly in a glass. I think you have hit the nail on the head with this one Kate - well done :D.

    ReplyDelete