Sunday 9 October 2011

Vegan MoFo: Root Vegetable Salad with Mushroom Pinwheels & Beetroot Relish


This recipe isn't mine, so I won't reproduce it here, but it is certainly a bit gourmet LOL. Browsing through gliving.com for something to try I had a go at this a while ago. This recipe looked so attractive on the plate I couldn't resist. It's pretty quick to put together and certainly looks elegant. Did I mention it was tasty? All those mushrooms are so full of flavour, but a word of caution, I used WAY less salt than the recipe called for, a pinch is really enough. The first time I made it the filling was like a mouthful of seawater to tell you the truth, but much better second time a round with  a bit of tweaking. The beetroot and pumpkin are a nice savoury - sweet contrast with the robust mushrooms, and a bit of extra beetroot as relish was definitely a keeper. Caramelised onion would also work really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment